Tuesday 30 April 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog!

I'm a 30-year-old teacher, jewelry designer and hobby photographer! I've been writing a blog about my handmade jewelry for the last 4-5 years and I have always wondered how to integrate my second hobby, photography, in there. And at some point I realised that I should keep my jewelry in its blog and just create a new blog for my photos.
So here it is! I called it "My world in 1000 pictures" because I travel a lot and love to share my experiences through pictures. I originally wanted to call it something like "through the photo lense", originating from "through the looking-glass", but I felt like it wasn't witty enough.

I will start catching up with my past photographs from various trips. You'll recognize the difference in quality of the pictures, depending on which camera I used. I only started using a reflex camera, so all pictures up to the ones from my latest photography class are made with regular digital cameras, varying from an old Canon Powershot (I think it was the first one of the SX line) to the Sony Cybershot.

In February I got to take over the old photography club from our principal, who retired, so I started using the school's Canon EOS 500D to get used to the functions of a reflex camera. I've just ordered my own camera: a Nikon D300s. I hope it will be in the mail some time this week. A friend of mine is a photographer and she offers classes. I've already taken the beginner's class and I am hoping that more people will sign up for the advanced class so that the class will take place.

But now enough babbling from me, enjoy my pictures!

~Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment